+49 176 56565351
- SQL, database modelling and tuning, ReST
- Data science, Pandas, GIS
- HTML, CSS
- Node.js, .NET, Android, Django, Ruby on Rails
- Web + low-level security, authentication, SSH, SSL
- Version control (git, hg, p4), software engineering, CI, code reviews
- SCRUM, Kanban
- German: C2 (native)
- English: C1
- French: C1
- Tok Pisin: B2
- Bahasa Indonesia: B1
- Spanish: A2
Software engineer with six years of experience and a PhD degree. Eager to use outstanding engineering, analytical, and communication skills to tackle important problems. Likes to learn and to work in distributed teams.
2020-11 − 2023-06
Against Malaria Foundation − Remote (Munich, Germany)
- Handle all software engineering aspects of large-scale bednet distributions that protect people against malaria.
- Database administration and data import/cleaning/analysis for millions of household records.
- Implement monitoring via household sample surveys.
2017-10 − 2020-10
Google − Munich, Germany
- Engineer for g3doc, a platform for technical documentation used by thousands of teams in Google.
- Supported users in all things related to knowledge management.
- Prototyped an eco-friendly mode for Maps, which shows carbon emissions for trips and helps users make better choices.
- Coordinated Giving Week, Google’s annual fundraising event.
2016-02 − 2016-08
Cyber Grand Challenge Finalist
CodeJitsu team − Berkeley, California
- Built a system to automatically disassemble, analyze, and instrument X86 binaries to protect them against software vulnerabilities.
- Deployed that system on a distributed machine with 64 servers totaling 2000 CPU cores.
2015-04 − 2015-08
Software Engineering Intern
Google − Mountain View, California
- Developed tools to scan all Android apps for security vulnerabilities related to SSL certificates.
2011-09 − 2017-06
PhD in Computer Science
Dependable Systems Lab, EPFL − Lausanne, Switzerland
- Worked at the intersection of verification, testing, programming languages, and operating systems.
- Thesis: Elastic Program Transformations: Automatically Optimizing the Reliability/Performance Trade-off in Systems Software
2005-10 − 2011-04
Bachelor and Master in Communication Systems
EPFL − Lausanne, Switzerland and NTU − Singapore
- Master thesis in industry, on automatic detection of bad performance in VPN tunnels.
- GPA: 5.87 out of 6 (ranked 4th out of 38 students)
Extracurricular activities and interests
2009-10 − 2017-10
Organizer of Programming Competitions
PolyProg student association, EPFL − Lausanne, Switzerland
- Co-founder of PolyProg, an association to promote algorithmic and programming skills.
- Co-founded and led the Helvetic Coding Contest, Switzerland’s largest programming competition.
1999-07 − 2017-10
Boyscouts Association Leader
Cevi Jungschar Boll-Stettlen − Boll, Switzerland
- Led a team of 20 youth and young adult volunteers.
- Organized scouting camps and activities for children.
This CV is optimized for .